Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Friday, July 24, 2009

John loves his drugs

24 July 2009 

Like the title says, I love my Ritalin, how I never went before is beyond me.  When I was a kid Ritalin was the craze everyone was put on it as some sort of attempt to control children.  I abstained in some sort of rebellion, not quite but partly due to laziness, partly due to my will to be “stronger” I never went to the doctor.  I have always gone with the notion that at some point in the not to distant pass people did not rush to doctors every time something was not right, and the human race managed to survive.  I finally thought I would go, and wish I had much sooner.

True this is only the second day, but work again was great, I actually focus and remember all those little steps I usually forget.  My project is coming out great, and though I seem to be moving faster it is in a more controlled deliberate manner.  I spend less time killing time and staring at the clock, and more time getting things done, life is good.

Another random effect of the drug which I am not 100% sure is the drug or a bi-product of the drug but its easier to talk to random people.  I started chatting up a random woman at the bus stop today which I would never normally.  While walking the dog I got into conversations with random people for no reason, it seems that it has lowered my self conscienceness or maybe boosts my self confidence, not sure but it is a good thing.  


Probation meeting
Today I had my PO meeting which was super fast, and almost too easy.  Went in with a ton of paper work, my monthly report which was perfect no missed classes, no violations, all good.  I thought I would hit an issue with the Ritalin, but she copied my paperwork and said fine.  I am sure my next meeting she will ask why my UA was positive for Meth, but I will just have to remind her of my prescription,  I also got my BA’s lowered to 8 a month (from 12) which is not a big deal, but its a step in the right direction.  

1 comment:

Skippy's Mom said...

Guess I missed something here. Glad it seems to help you focus.

Who suggested, and then prescribed, Ritalin for you???

How long have you been on it? How often is it monitored???