Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Sunday, July 26, 2009

An explanation

26 July 2009

Today I am answering viewers mail, which consists of the only person who reads my blog.  
Guess I missed something here. Glad it seems to help you focus.?
Who suggested, and then prescribed, Ritalin for you???
The suggestion came from multiple sources, one from Phoenix months ago, Marie, and others.  They all seemed to think I had ADHD, and should look into treatment.  I just figured it was me, and went along for the ride.  I finally scheduled a meeting with a shrink, and discussed it, and she agreed I suffer from ADHD and prescribed the Ritalin??How long have you been on it? How often is it monitored???
I have been on it since Thursday, and people I see often have already noted a HUGE difference in me.  I have noticed I am much more social talking to random people, actually having conversations as opposed to grunts..  I also have this huge desire to hang out with people, asking people to do things, if they want to hang out, talk, which I would never normally have done.   I will be writing a blog this week about the past weekend which will show MANY instances where I would have been afraid, uncomfortable, too insecure to have taken part in the past.  With the medication all these instances turned out being great experiences either simply talking to people or experiencing life as opposed to watching from the sidelines.  

In terms of monitoring, I meet with the doctor in two months (provided I am having no issues requiring earlier counsel) and after that it will be once a year phone call or meeting.   

This has truly been life changing for me, it literally feels as though a switch was turned on where previously I lived in darkness.  Again, I will explain better later in the week.  

1 comment:

nikki said...

have fun...visit dakak beach resort...and gloria fantasyland....