Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

John is on drugs

23 July 2009

Lovers of the movie “Office Space” will remember while in the hypnotists office the main character mentions that every day is the worst day of his life, and every time you see him, you are seeing him on the worst day of his life.  I have actually felt this way for much of my life, with boughts of happiness thrown in.  

Recently I was out with a friend and I asked how would they spend their ideal day off, and they explained what they would do etc.  Afterwards they turned the question asking what was your best day.  I started thinking and i feel that every day is the best day.  I actually feel as though each day is slightly “better” than the previous, which is not to say that I have not had a bad day.   Recently even the bad days are not that bad, time passes and really the only bad part of the day is work..  

I enjoy my work, but not the company.  The guys I work with are great, but the mentality of the management, and the lack of communication I have issues with.  I find out everything via the rumor mill, as does everyone..  Instead of sitting people down, and saying “we are slowing down” and discussing why, or how to reverse or new ideas, they write a note on a board by the clock saying “No overtime, no exceptions”.  

i have always enjoyed the design process, creating, studying, and coming up with cool designs that function well.  The furniture projects that have come through are all turned into kitchen cabinets with legs attached.  Night stands weight 100 pounds and have huge 3“ legs looking like they are offspring of a brontosaurus more than a well crafted piece of furniture.  This has also brought me to the conclusion I need to get into design which, I have no clue how to do, meaning the transition.  At my present company it would never happen, so I am thinking I might go to school, and take some drafting classes because though I can draw full scale furniture on paper, we were never taught how to use Auto cad or any computerized drafting.  

John is on drugs
Ritalin to be exact.  I finally called the doctors, and after completing a questionnaire of theirs asking a multitude of questions I received a phone call, to set up an appointment.  I met with the doctor yesterday, and after talking for 45 minutes she prescribed medication.  The strange part is she gives a little speech about how meth (Ritalin) is a controlled substance so getting the prescription filled is a process.  Then basically tells me to figure out my own dosage.  I am clearly over simplifying it, but try a pill, and then try two, and try 2  etc.  After a week call or email her telling her want I found works, and she will submit a prescription to those directions.  In two months I meet back with her to make sure everything is alright no issues with side effects etc, and then a yearly phone call to make sure all is well.  

The first day...
It is really too early to tell, I had a great day at work, did not notice any really effects.  I noticed I am a bit more diligent, not talking to people as much.  I am not sure how much of that is truly the drugs or me just having a good day, or placebo effect, time will tell.  The drugs are slightly helping since I can actually type and listen to music at the same time, which I have not been able to do in a few years.  Its strange but the music would distract me enough to not be able to finish any thoughts.  I would have to turn the music off and write the email or blog.  

I have to wonder...
Today I was walking Jazmine the wonder mutt and there is a police officer on a bike writing a ticket to two homeless folks drinking from a paper sack.  I was perplexed because he watched them finish it up (while he is writing the ticket) and makes one of them put the empty bottle in a dumpster, and hands them the ticket for open alcohol container.  They have no ID’s, and no address’ explain the thought process of writing the ticket please.  

1 comment:

Skippy's Mom said...

Yes, yes, yes yes!!! Do go to school for AutoCad and whatever else is even newer.

Please, Please. You are a very talented person and your designs will be amazing!

See my comment on JUly 12, 2009.