Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An adult life

24 June 2009

Sadly my life has become just this, being an adult.  I should probably say it more as amazingly though it is a touch disappointing.  I have been doing all those things you have have been doing for years and years, paying bills, cleaning, laundry and basically maintaining you life in a decent fashion.  This is all new for me, and though has only been going on for a month it is already boring to me.  It seems the disarray, chaos then surrounded my life during my drinking days somehow filled a void, or made me feel as though my life was busy, or exciting when it was not.  Without that confusion, the sad reality has shone itself quite vividly.  

I have been cooking and cleaning, paying bills on time, working, and being responsible.  I somewhat feel like I deserved a prize for doing what I was unable to do at any other point in my life, but yet all of you have done since the age of 18.  While the I suppose I do feel better sober, the vacancy where drinking once occupied is more pronounced and like a black hole beginning to crush me.  

I have 1000 good things which have resulted  from quitting drinking, but yet sometimes I feel like I am just spinning my wheels waiting to die.  I think I am having a mid-life crisis.

The gang of gays
I live near Cheesman Park which has always been explained to me as the “gay” park.  Google it, I did in an effort to figure out the length of the walk around the park, and found many links discussing the guys who sit in their cars in the park.  

Everyday while walking Jazmine I bump into this gang of gay homeless men who seem to walk all around.  T date I have been called “darling” delicious“ ”sexy“ ”edible“ and the list continues.  I just fin the notion of a tribe of gay men roaming the streets sort of weird.  I am thinking of the classic film ”The Warriors“ with the gangs of NY and how they all have their own uniform.  I think this gang needs a uniform to go fight the Bloods and Crips.  Imagine a gang of men in bright pink leotards brandishing baseball bats, it would be great, and formidable.  I think the local chapter of geriatric Guardian Angels would have their hands full.  

I was in fact amazed to find that the local Guardian Angel office is around the corner, I see them walking the neighborhood on the weekends and its like watching rerun.  Who joins?  Who even knew they still existed?  This day in age what do they do?  Its a neighborhood watch with a bad sense of style.  

The MS Ride
Is apparently in a couple of days, I forgot about it, and actually thought t was the end of July, but no its this Saturday.  If anyone wants to make last minute donations here is a link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/COCBikeEvents?px=6518078&pg=personal&fr_id=10973.

I was supposed to have a date this weekend, and I texted to cancel with the excuse I have a bike ride I forgot about seemed really really weak, sad, maybe I should have called.  

3 comments:

Skippy's Mom said...

Couldn't you figure out a way to have the date AND do the bike ride????

Clownbaby said...

Unfortunately, no. I ride from my place 15 miles to the start of the ride, then go to Fort Collins which is another 75 miles, and spend the night. I then ride back, to the start and another 15 miles home which kills my whole weekend. Luckily, I have an awesome friend who is going to take care of Jazmine while I am away.

As for the date, I will screw it up at some point so why rush it ;)

Skippy's Mom said...

Stop anticipating the end before there is a beginning. Who knows maybe this one would be crazy enough to put up with you long term.

I had forgotten that the ride was a two day haul. Good luck. It's a ride not a race. Pace yourself.