Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trying to play catch up

2 April 2009


Work

I mentioned work is ticking by, but I really hate work.  I can not put my finger on what exactly, the company is good, the guys I work with are good.  Just there is something that is not clicking, which I have been trying to figure out, but just can't put a finger on.  I would never try to use hating my job as a cover for my drinking, but I have to figure if I did not dread going to work I might be less likely to drink. 


I have noticed when I am happy i do drink less, but usually that happiness is wrapped in with a woman.  I figure I have to find it without the girl and then add the girl.  I need to get the big bowl of  ice cream and then add some sprinkles, instead of having a bowl of Alpo, and adding sprinkles.  


This all said I am looking for a new job, in the worst job market of my lifetime... wish me luck!


Larry Lemond

I have finally gotten my road bike up and going after a year of being a hamper it has returned to its glorious state of being my bike.  I did have a mechanical, which I got resolved, changed all the cables, housings, and he is ready to go into the mountains (as am I) unfortunately the weather thinks its December not April.  I am hoping this weekend to get out and go for a ride in the mountains, realize I am a fat bastard, and be inspired to ride more.  


Marie

A quick update, she and I are still talking.  She actually came out to visit last weekend which was cool.  I took her up to Boulder, a drive through the mountains, and a quick tour of Denver.  She was not here for long so it was not like she got to see a lot.  It was cool to see her after 13 years, it is funny how life has changed in the time, though I still feel like that goofy Bull Shannon look a like.  


Jazmine's life flashes before her puppy dog eyes

Here in Denver there are a number of parks, and I will usually go to Washington Park to get a ride in if I do not have a lot of time.  There is a road which goes around the park (2.4 miles or close to that) which you can ride laps with out too much interruption.  The park is always packed on a nice day with dogs, walkers, runners, volleyball, etc.  


A few weeks back I was going down to ride, and figured I would bring the trailer with Jazmine.  I figured doing laps towing a trailer with a dog on a bike with but one gear and no brakes would be fun, I was right. As I was riding to the park, I go to turn and the railer goes over on its side!  How I am not entirely sure, since I was not going fast or taking a sharp turn, but figure those two facets combined with where jazmine's weight was caused the trailer to go over.  


I had just gotten on to a slow traffic street as it went over so I stop and Jazmine is still in the trailer, sitting on the side with not cuts etc.  She was clearly scared though, so I took a few minutes petting her to get her to relax.  The rest of the ride went without incident, and Jazmine loved every second, I heard her call another dog a chump for towing it's owner on roller blades.  






No comments: