Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Thursday, April 16, 2009

MS Ride

16 April 2009

I recently signed up to do a charity ride which is, totally not my style.  I am usually too concerned with myself to do one, and really MS has never touched my life.  Why am I doing the ride then?  I want to well give back in a sense, I am slowly recognizing the forest from the trees.  

I remember seeing ads for the “Jimmy Fund” as a child which also supports MS, and in a sense it seems like as good of a starting point in using what I have to offer to help others.  I have some sort of fitness, and I love to ride so might as well put that to some sort of use to benefit others.  

This is also an exercise in asking for help, which anyone who knows me knows I do not ask for help.  I will give myself a hernia lifting a car before asking anyone to help me, so here is my one plug.  I am trying to raise $300 which is not a huge amount my thinking being if no one donates I can cover it myself.   I will post a link to a website this weekend with information, and a way to donate.  I know just like everyone else times are tough so if you can donate a buck, please do so, if you can’t no worries.  I am not going to turn the blog into a begging campaign to raise money.

A little info about the ride it is a total of 150 miles, 75 on Saturday and 75 Sunday.  It goes from Denver to Fort Collins is a rolling course nothing difficult, I am planning on riding my track bike, and if I can I will be towing Jazmine in the trailer (need to check the guidelines).  It takes place in 70 some odd days, and I have been toying with doing the ride for a few weeks and finally pulled the trigger.  I will get more info up this weekend after all the paperwork etc is in order.  

A quick update
I have been sober since Saturday, have gone out twice with friends where I I not drink though others were, I really did not have a huge desire to drink, and I did enjoy the fact that going out is much cheaper.  I have been going to my classes etc, and everything is ticking along.  I will have more this weekend, but things are going well.  

No comments: