Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The resurrection of romantic John


13 December 2008

I have been looking at my life in many ways recently, due to the arrest, and just in general.  One thing I have noticed is I was once a romantic, and over the last year and a half I have turned into something else. I would not say playa but just I have gotten lazy, and stopped putting in the effort I was did.  With each failed attempt the less I tried because though nothing meaningful was resulting, I was getting what I needed. 

Over the past few days I have been trying to reexamine this trend and also try to find a way to get out of this “funk” and look for something a little more meaningful.  I decided it was time to return to the old days of well, seriously just giving a rats ass.  I decided flowers were the ticket, I used to always get girls flowers back in the day, and as I got older so did the idea.  Today I walked 5 blocks past drunks, and homeless carrying this arrangement which truly is beautiful but makes me wonder if I just went over the top again… which I tend to do almost all the time.

This is all in preparation for the big date I have planned for tomorrow, brunch, and the art museum which is not over the top by any means, but the first real date I suppose.  This has e actually pretty excited which it has been a long time since I have gotten the old butterflies.  The closest I came to feeling this way in recent memory was the night I hit a tree, hopefully this one will end without police involvement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The flowers are gorgeous! Take a deep breath or three and have a good time. Go slowly.