Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My first day of work in 2 months... well not really.


4 November 2008


Why does anyone drive a car in a city?  Riding to and from work I became one of those cyclists that give us a bad name, I think I might have stopped at one red light.  4 way stop signs translated roughly into look both ways as you keep pedaling through.  It is so much faster to ride than to drive, I bet it would be faster even if I thought about obeying traffic laws.  Maybe that driver education class might be a good idea after all.

 My first day at the new job went well, I was tossed right in working on a simple laundry room, which was cool.  The project is nothing special more just an exercise in learning their methods of doing things.  The guys in the shop are cool, and the general layout is good and the day flew.  Overall I am looking forward to working here and was liking the fact that no one cares when you come or go, which is key. 

Other than that not much happened today, except the a#$holes at High Gear Cycle screwed me again, I hate that place with a passion.  I never mentioned their name previously but dam!  They promised me my wheel would be ready today, I show up 20 minutes before they close.  There is my rim sitting on the floor, and my hub on the bench with my old spokes.  The guy spent 5 minutes looking for the wheel, the entire time I am looking at it in disarray.  He then grabs another guy to help search, they end up finding it exactly where the death rays being shot from my eyes are directed.  The geniuses look at each other and say it’s not done.  I mention I was promised it would be done today, and the only reason they got my business was based on this fact.  Their response is well I don’t know what to tell you, he didn’t leave a note so I don’t know why it is not done.  I really had to control myself, have I really been that spoiled previously?  I mean in the past if I brought in a wheel to be rebuilt it would be done when they said, the only issue would be their trying to sell me a new hub because they know I love buying new crap I don’t really need.  In MA I would have had the wheel done today with a new Phil Wood hub, in CO I have a bunch of pieces.  

On a side note, my hair has grown out and I look like a cross between a bad 70’s actor and a retarded Chia Pet. I have no clue what to do with it, luckily its winter so hats work.  I am also going very gray, which kind of makes me feel old.

Obama just won which kicks ass…. Just a side note!

 

1 comment:

Shamrox53 said...

first of all, it's not gray, it's "silver"...embrace it...most guys get hotter as they get older...look at brett favre. i vote for the mohawk!