Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Monday, November 3, 2008

Just another man named Monday

3 November 2008

 Today I managed to get the car situation all sorted out which was amazingly easy.  Saturday had been able to find someone who was not a moron it would have been but 5 minutes.  What Saturday cop mentioned was an ordeal going to 2-3 different agency’s and then going to the impound this all turned into something a lot simpler.  Yes, telling them the date my car was towed, the vehicles make and model, and show my ID.   I then signed a piece of paper, and went to the impound lot, which was a mater of showing my ID, rather simple.  The amazing thing is after a little persuading they let me go grab some stuff out of my car, and yes my IPOD was still in there as well as my garage opener which was going to cost me $45.00.

 Later in the afternoon I had the pleasure of my intake into my classes, which included 4 tests asking about alcohol use, and yes these are all the same questions I have answered before.  This turned into a 2 hours waste of my time because no one reads this crap.  All my programs including therapy are in a group, the people all work there 15 hours a week, no one gives a shit.  They are not going home reading my file and thinking this is a case of “Sunday Neurosis” the best treatment would be to…  Now, the just put all the papers into a folder so when I go on a multi-state killing spree then can look at the file and go hmmm… yeah he is an alcoholic. 

 The highlight of the episode was when she was running through a series of questions which I had lied 3 times in a row on the one I finally tell the truth she says “why do I not believe you?”  I begin thinking because since the previous 3 responses were crap my tone gave something away?  Needless to say I am becoming cynical of the entire process. 

 The first 24 hours of classes is drivers education which I think is great.  I know hitting trees is not how you drive, it was the fact I was three times the legal amount of alcohol that had something to do with the hitting the tree.  I totally meant to get pics of the car today but spaced.  Needless to say it is pretty much done.  Imagine a Honda Element, now looking from above imagine a dent 4 feet wide going into the center about 18 inches, and you got the idea. The horn of the frame was popping out on the passenger’s side.  For those of you looking to buy an Element, they seem to be very safe the bugger got slammed and took the hit.  Otherwise functionally speaking they are great vehicles, I loved mine. 

 

 

No comments: