Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Thursday, July 2, 2009

MS 150, and the weekend news


2 July 2009


The ride
I have gone through my life never really feeling any connection to my surroundings.  I spent nearly 30 years in MA, of all the people I met I keep in contact with 10(?) have had 2 visitors (this includes family) these are not statistics of a popular or well loved individual.  Colorado has been much of the same which I have grown to enjoy.  In the past couple of years I have had times where my social calender was full, and I had plans everyday.  These tend to be short stints because friendship takes energy, and it tough to find people willing to put in the effort, or are worth the effort.  This is why I want to thank everyone who helped make the ride possible either through contributions, emails wishing me luck or watching Mrs. Nuegeburger.

Well, I ended up making it to the ride, and completed it without incident.  The distance I was never concerned about, but I managed to find myself in some snappy pace lines and riding 22+ mph for the vast majority of the ride, this was the surprise.  The ride was very well run, plenty of food, excellent weather, and great support.  Overall I rode 193+ miles in the two days, with an average speed of just under 20 mph.  I met some great people and began to recognize who is great in my life here in Denver.  It is amazing to see who steps up when you need help be it either in contributions or watching the dog.  

Random note
I was hooking up with a girl a few months back and she taught me that its not the quantity its the quality.  She still texts me though we haven’t seen each other in well over a month.  She does not text with purpose, or reason, she texts to here herself “talk”.  I will not respond, she stills texts, she does not ask if i got the previous text or if I am there.  She also re-enforced something I had learned previously, the more a woman talks about sex (prior to having it with you) the worse she is in bed.  How can a woman be bad in bed you might ask?  If you have to ask you are A) a woman B) terrible, sorry t break the news to you.  

Slush Puppies
I have loved Slush Puppies since I was a kid, I remember walking across the park to Edmund’s to get them when I was young.  In high school I went to the Exxon station and would get 2, one for now and one for the fridge for later.  Colorado with its many short comings has yet another, they do not have the drink of the gods, and no one knows what it is, which is just sad.  I have been looking online and have come to a revelation I need to buy a Slush Puppie machine, attach it to my bike, and drive around town selling the sweet sweet nectar to the sad souls of Colorado.  This is the latest variation of the ice cream bike idea I had a month ago, this equally brilliant, or maybe even better.  All I know is on a hot Saturday after noon riding the bike to the top of Lookout mountain and setting up shop I would make a killing!  I want to get a midget on board to serve them as a ride, A) to help facilitate sales while traveling through downtown B) midgets are awesome!  The midget would serve much like the monkey of the peanut vendors of old, only cooler.   




No comments: