Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hours to days, days to weeks...

6 May 2009

A ride
I went for a ride with a friend today who races, which felt good.  I was dead afterwards, but considering he trains, and has a coach,  Meanwhile I hardly ride I was able to keep up, and make him struggle a bit, made me feel as though maybe racing isn’t such a bad idea after all.  I am looking to do a training race Thursday which should be interesting, we will see how I manage.

Sobriety
Well I am nearing the 2 month marker ok Thursday (the day of the race) will be two months.  I haven’t really had any desire to drink, well none to which I have come close to cracking.  I get urges every now and again, but luckily I am easily distracted and forget about them shortly.  


Work
Work is going very well, and though it is slowing down, it looks as though we have work until october, then it seems a touch sketchy.  Apparently people are a little hesitant on building multi-million dollar vacation homes as of late (go figure) come fall, I might find myself out of a job, since I am the last person hired.  time will tell.  

The midnight wrap up
That about sums it all up.  Time keeps ticking away as it does, and now its June!  I did not have to go for BA’s everyday this week which was great, and saves me some money.  I have actually been sticking to my budget, which means I actually have money in the bank.  Looking back through my records it seems I just spent a lot of little things.  A few dollars here, and there not huge things and nothing “extravagant” just maybe a stop at Starbucks etc, and they all add up.  That and dating, dating is expensive reason 1001 why I am turning celibate.  

No comments: