Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Return

5 May 2009

I have decided to race again, yes I am 5 months late to make this decision, but better late than never.  I have been in contact with a few teams, I will be riding with in order to see if I qualify.  Yes, out here you basically try out for teams even at the lowest categories.  I am in no shape to race currently but I am going to start training, and hitting what races I can in the hopes to peak for cross season in October.  The only main issue is I need to get a cross bike in order to race cross... only a minor obstacle which like everything else goes away with money.

My ability to afford a bike in time for August September is a very real issue BUT hopefully through scouring craigslist/ebay talking to teammates etc I can get parts and then its just dropping 400 on a frame which I can pull off... in theory.

While at jury duty today, I was reading the training bible, and recognized a few things, and are slowly putting together a training plan etc.  I found my major weakness right now is my diet.  I eat way too much sugar and carbs which I need to start working on.  


No comments: