Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Operation: Kenmore


9 February 2009

This morning while playing on facebook, I decided maybe I should tackle the fridge cleaning project, since it more of a search and destroy undertaking than a scrubbing affair.  The offending smell, mashed potatoes (gluten free) that I made on December 23rd.  I opened up the container and they looked fine once they fell into the trash, I had a VIOLENT dry heeve.  Followed by another, and another until I literally dropped the container and ran to the open window in the bedroom.  After a couple of minutes the heeving stopped, and I considered how to handle this since clearly something needs to be done.  Poor Jazmine was right beside me at the time, and she has locked herself in the corner giving me dirty looks ever since.  You can see the picture of the offending "food" in my slideshow though the picture is terrible, I could not get any closer looking at the photo causes flashbacks.  

The rest of the operation went well, the "salad" had formed its own sort of salad dressing which did not smell very good.  The milk was not as chunky as one would think, and the smell wasn't bad either,  The cleaned fridge safely holds 4 liters of Coke, butter, salad dressing, and fresh milk.  It was now no longer a biohazard.  Luckily there is a lock on my dumpster of else the poor bugger who opened that bag would need an ambulance.  Though the look on their face would be great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be a better person for having survived the cleaning of the fridge. I'll flip you a fish.

Now, if there is a lingering smell in there, wipe the walls with a solution of white vinegar and warm water. If not, take yourself to the grocery store immediately and buy two refrigerator boxes of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda. They have tear off panels on the side to expose the baking soda. Put one in the fridge and one in the freezer. Change them if the fridge starts to smell again. Don't throw out the soda. Flush it down the drain in the kitchen and bathroom sinks with hot water.