Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An interesting day

18 February 2009


The day started off well, had a big day planned afterwork, so went a little early.  Work was great, though little boring.  Before I leave work I check my bank balance... my pay check has not cleared.  This throws a wrench into things since all my plans required money.  No worries borrowed 10 from a coworker so I could eat.  


I go to the bank to verify, yes, I have no money.


I go to blow grab my keys to lock my bike, wrong set of keys, so no key for my lock, OR my apartment.  I call the management company to see if they can unlock my place, they say 30 minutes (it is now 330).  So, not wanting to come back to blow, I bring the bike into the building in the elevator so I can blow without fear of someone taking my bike.  I get into the office, and yup random UA today, which I do not have the money for, so no UA a violation instead.  


I then ride home and sitting in front of my apartment with nothing to do, can't really go anywhere since can't lock my bike, and waiting for the guy to unlock my door.  I have a brief moment of genius, the two guys who live next to me are hoe and their door is open.  I knock, and ask if they will watch my bike while I run to Taco Bell.  The agree, and off I go, so to further teach you the inner workings of my mind,


 I start thinking...


3 tacos and beer sounds pretty good huh? Instead of ones normal thought process of just eating.  I buy 3 tacos and some PBR.  I get back grab my bike and sit on my stoop drinking PBR and eating tacos.  As I am returning to my apartment I am asked for spare change which honestly I had none, spent every cent on tacos and beer.  $10 dollars equals 3 soft tacos, and 5 - 24 oz PBRs to the cent.   After the tacos are gone it is 430... hmmm.  I call the management company again since they close at 5, and I am told 15 more minutes.  I am sitting there drinking my PBR, and though its not cold out, its chilly so after sitting there for 45 minutes I am getting cold, which got me to thinking home much it must suck to be homeless.  We all know it would suck, but really how miserable that must be, i will now be more forthcoming with my spare change.  


The neighbor comes out, and asks if I will join him for a beer... duh.  A few interesting things came out of hanging out with him, aside from a few free beers, they smoke pot constantly, only out done by cigarettes.  There was a murder in the apartment complex a year ago, and the reason for the fence in the back... drummer roll please!  He walked out one day and saw a prostitute going down on a bum in our little walk way.  He called the management company and the fence went up.  Since then there have been no spottings.  


At 520 they finally come to unlock the door, and tell me its a $50 fee so, rent went up this month because I grabbed the wrong keys.  The strange thing is riding into work I was curious about a noise on the bike.  I realized it was not the bike, but my keys.  I did not look at the keys but I thought it strange they were making more noise than ever before today.  I keep my keys n a little pocket on my sleeve this is why A) I noticed the noise B) did not bother to check the keys. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! your neighbors rock.. i don't feel so bad about getting ditched now..