Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More Random Stuff



7 January 2009

 

PO Meeting

I had my second meeting with my case manager today, and was utterly disappointed.  Keep in mind that it’s an hour + of travel time one way to go to the meeting.  The meeting took 13 minutes… 13 minutes! I then turn around and travel an hour and change back to Denver.  I show up fill out a sheet o paper, with the list of questions, have you had contact with the police etc.  After you fill that out, you are called in for your meeting.  I sit down thinking this is going to be an hour ordeal like the first meeting, but no.  He takes my money, asks if I have any questions I say “no” he then asks why I have missed so many BA’s.  This was what I would figure what would happen, the place I used to blow at in Longmont has been faxing him everyday saying I have not blown, I remind him I blow in Denver, he says “yeah that’s right” and throws out the stack of missed BA’s.  He then tells me to have a nice day and I am gone… this cost me $50.00 not including bus fare… What a deal!

 

The “New” tattoo

It is not so new anymore; I got it about a week ago.  It is a M.C. Escher, whose work I have always loved, and there are many of his works I would love to get tattooed on me, his work really strikes a chord with me.  This particular piece hit me in its relevance to my current situation, though it has been an issue my entire life.  I see the “goblins” as my addiction to alcohol, which has run from social drinking to dark days of heavy drinking and back again.  The upper most goblin symbolizes my current state of sobriety, and alcoholisms loss of control. I am having more added to it next week, which will be a stone wall behind them closing them off in a matter of speaking. 

The tattoo took about 2 ½ hours, and wasn’t bad at all, it has been awhile since I have gotten ink so I had forgotten how it felt. Phoenix did swing by for a few minutes for moral support on her way out to met friends which was nice.

 

The Waxing

In a drunken stupor a month and a half ago I setup an appointment to get a Brazilian wax.  The day of the appointment came, which was also the day of the check cashing fiasco, and I missed the appointment. I called, and apologized saying I would reschedule.  Over Christmas the thought crept back into my mind and I set up another appointment which was fine.  Come the day f the appointment I started freaking out, and well friends were not very supportive bringing up the infamous “40 year old virgin” scene. 

I headed down Monday for my appointment, and enter the office feeling, very out of place. I am the only dude in the waiting room, and everyone else is dressed in business clothing, I am dressed as a bike messenger.  I go into the room, and the woman asks if I have had it done before etc.  She tells me to strip waist down, lie down on the table and take the a little towel and cover myself, and she will be back in a few minutes.

Here I am half naked covered by a little towel, and really starting to regret this decision but it’s too late to turn back now.  A minute later she knocks and enters; now my heart is beating a little faster.  I am also a little worried since the woman performing the duty is not bad looking, and in a sensitive zone. She begins explaining the procedure etc, and then removes the towel, and moves my junk to one side, and tells me to hold it there.  This threw me off at first, but yeah, she spreads the wax, and YANK!  It was not nearly as bad as I would have thought.

The most painful section was from the waist line to the start of the genital area, which was not nearly as bad as I would have guessed.  Meanwhile she and I are having a perfectly normal conversation with a few “Take a deep breath” tossed in as she hit sensitive areas.  She then has me flip over, and waxes my ass.  It was actually pretty awesome overall, the pain was not bad, and the finished product was well worth any inconvenience.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Looks good my friend! What's this talk of a drunken stupor 1.5 months ago? That falls after your time in jail I do believe!

Clownbaby said...

No, right when I moved to Denver, so Thanksgiving weekend if memory serves. All things considered I made it through the holidays well.