Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random Saturday Ramblings



20 December 2008

 

Where is Ty Pennington?

There is this random shoe shop on the corner of my street. It is a mom-pop type place they fix shoes, not sure what they sell otherwise. In the window they have these really random shoes, like a cross between Sex and the City and Elton John.  They also have posters in the windows, not of shoes but one of Janet Jackson, one with 3 scantily clad women police officers posing on a cop car which says “Assume the position” across the bottom.  All of these posters are clearly circa 1988, and are fading with age.  I just wonder why, I almost want to go in and ask the decorating motif, I am sure the bums store the images in their spank bank but really what was their thought process.

Sobriety? We just want your money.

I went to go blow, and last night was my Xmas party though I did not get drunk, the woman was Johnny on the spot with the wine.  The glass never got below half, so who knows how much I really had?  So, I get there 10 minutes before close to give my liver as much time as possible to get it out of my system.  I enter and the place is deserted (place is ALWAYS packed) I chit chat with the dude pay the $4, and he says “Thank you for not drinking have a good day”.  Stunned I say “All set?” he says yes and I leave… I never blew the guy was distracted by the small talk and taking my cash that he forgot to make me blow ha ha.

Dear Assos, and Chrome

Over the last week I made sure I was going to have a Merry Christmas so I bought myself a few things.  A new cycling jacket (though it really looks like a sweatshirt) and new gloves.  The tally was up there for the two items, and I actually had buyer’s remorse.  First the coat comes and I was disappointed. It is really light, no way it can keep me warm riding in the cold.  It is a 1/8” of wool, I am going to freeze I think.  That jacket blows my mind, I was riding in 20 degree weather, little bit of wind. I was sweating!  I was wearing a t-shirt and basically a LIGHT sweatshirt.  Everyone has made fun of me for spending what I did on it, but my god it is a thing of beauty.

I also bought new gloves, also crazy expensive, and today proved well worth every cent. My hands FREEZE amazingly easily, they were great, and I was wearing 2 of the 3.  The system comes with 3 gloves, which fit inside one another so you can adjust it to the cold, and my hands were balmy and still great sense of touch and feel.  I am going to be depressed when summer rolls around.

The even more interesting thing is a week ago I was at a show in my “real” cycling coat, and I had my gloves in the rear pockets. In the process of dancing I lost the gloves.  I went to a show Thursday night, and didn’t lose anything why?  My new kick ass coat has zippered pockets!!!  Phone, wallet, gloves.. all safe… Yes I love the sweatshirt.

“I’m horny!”

I am track standing at the end of my street waiting for the light and a car drive by and a very cute girl yells either “I’m horny” or “Good morning” neither makes any sense, but who cares?  Now, if I was quick on my feet I would have turned chased them down… easily done on Colfax where the lights are everywhere!  Instead I went to go blow with a big stupid grin on my face…. 

No comments: