Random picture of the...

Random picture of the...

Monday, December 8, 2008

The weekend wrap up

6 December 2008

 

I went to go run errands this morning and as I exit my domicile I hear my next door neighbor chatting with the women up stairs, well not quite a chat when it’s a yell...

 

N1:  “Hey b*tch, what the f* are these shoes”

N2:  “I don’t know they are not mine” 

N1:  “What you just throw them on the ground?”

N2:  “What? Everyone just throws their sh*t down there!”

(N1 Picks up a shoe)

N2:  “If you throw that shoe at me I am calling the cops.”

N1:  “I am not going to throw it at you, I am picking up your crap b*tch.”

 Yes, this is my neighborhood I love it!  Combine it with the people asking to eat jasmines dog food as I walk with a bag of dog food, well its interesting.  Last night there was a guy sleeping in the sidewalk, a woman was taking picture saying “isn’t he adorable?” I love my neighborhood.

 Friday met with my case manager who is actually pretty cool.  It seems as though he will not be making my life a living hell.  Looking through my life he looks up and says “you didn’t get a lawyer?” I mention I had a public defender, why?  He responded with “You got screwed you got a ton of crap to do.”  Just what I wanted to hear right?

 Friday night I went to see a friends husbands band play, which was cool.  They played here in Denver so I rode over to see the show.  I did not drink, and on my way home I recognized how much I love living in the city.  It was great being able to ride at midnight through the city, and just locking a bike instead of fighting for parking.  Mind you Denver parking is a lot easier than Boston parking, but it was so peaceful riding through the city in darkness. 

 Today I had my first date since the night of my arrest, which was interesting.  A little background:  We started emailing via the net, like I meet all my women.  Everything was going great, and we started texting things went better, which got me concerned. I have learned in the past that this usually leads to disappointment when you meet, because you have such high expectations.

 We were meeting for coffee, I got there early, pretty rank from work… sounds terrible but I was excited but was not going overboard trying to make an impression.  I am not sure why this is, think mentally I was setting myself up to be disappointed (this will be added to the John needs a shrink file).  I was very pleasantly surprised, super cute, smart, funny… was caught off guard.  Not that I did not recognize she was smart, and funny previously, but was taken back by the full package. 

 We had coffee, and took the dogs to the park (she has a dog as well) Jazmine was just as happy as I was, I think Jazmine believes I date so she can have new dogs to play with after all this is Colorado everyone has a dog.  Afterwards I walked her to her car, and bid her a good evening.  I am actually very happy, it seemed almost too easy in that  there was no drama, I could pick up  on she was having a good time, and I am sure she could.  It was well I suppose how it is supposed to be?  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the joys of city living!

Not to sound like somebody's mother or anything but, I sure as hell hope you wear more reflectors than just on you pedals!

Unknown said...

Also, start a list for the shrink.

Why shouldn't you have a good time on a date? You have plenty to offer if you just loosen up and stop anticipating the worst of such a situation in advance.

You are intelligent, funny and literate and can clean up well when you put your mind to it.

Brian said...

Told you to get a lawyer!